Saturday, October 20, 2012

This morning it was freezing ...

... but I went yard saleing anyway. I'm so glad that I did! What fabulous scores were in store on this oh so brisk Fall morning :) 


Here are all my "scores" on my fab bench ... this I got a bunch? Just keep scrolling to see what I spent!



One of my favorite Estate Sale Organizers was having a great sale today --- everything you could fit in a bag for a buck! There are 16 napkins, four of three different styles (and in GREAT shape). 6 little green glass plates that totally match some bowls I got earlier this summer. Two vases, one modern one pretty traditional (both great quality). That metal organizer thingy that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with yet. A little clear glass jar (picture on the right, bottom left hand corner) that looks like an ink well. Glass ornaments in original box and that little wooden nutcracker ornament. Finally, you cant really see them hanging from the corner of the ornament box - but there is a little glass bell chime that is too sweet! It was in the ornament box and I didn't even find it until I got home!

$1.00 


It's Mozart!! Well, his bust anyway. This is ceramic and heavy. I'm thinking it would look pretty awesome painted bright purple and in my guest room :)

$1.00


I guess these are for fruit, but I'm thinking of hanging it in my craft closet for some loose misc things.

$0.50


Apothecary Jar -- about eight inches tall. Probably brand new, but still adorable. I'm thinking of fabulizing it with a chalkboard label and it instantly becomes a gift :)

$0.75


I'm always on the lookout for letters in my name (or initials). This was probably a bookend, but the A is long gone now. It is ceramic and very heavy, about six inches tall. I'll fabulize this with a coat of paint at some point. 

$0.50


We all know my LOVE for all things Pyrex! This cute holiday dish (with divider) was a mere ...

$2.00


Two silver-plate trays. Will either be fabulized with some chalkboard paint or made all pretty for Christmas gifts.

$2.00 


I could not get a great picture of these to save my life ... they are three bells on a fairly cheesy holiday display. The display is already gone -- the bells will be great for "something" I'll do later.

$0.25


The LP of West Side Story and a great condition copy of Where The Wild Things Are. I'm just building a collection of records and normally I don't pay more than $0.10, but for this one I splurged. 

$0.25

The book is so cute and I'm thinking some framed illustrations might be in order. 

$0.10 

Card Table tablecloth with such sweet embroidery. I'm thinking that it'll be fabulized into a baby gift. 

$1.50

That funky gold thing is an over-the-door wreath hanger.

$0.50

This really was the score of the day. I was at the Habitat Re-Store (where I also got the Z and the apothecary jar) and they hadn't priced it, but had left the garage sale sticker on. It is hand painted and perfect for one of my fabulization projects :) 

$0.50



Grand Total from today's Yard Sales?
$10.85



No comments:

Post a Comment