Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Grad Party Details

At my party we worked on dying everything! It was easy and such cute little touches!

The first things I dyed was fruit for the punch. I dyed it and then froze it to keep everything nice and cold. it worked great!

Dying Fruit for Punch

Dyed Oranges, Lemons, and Limes



Dyed Fruit

I just mixed up about a half of a cup of water with quite a bit of food coloring. I left each slice in for about 30 seconds (but you can tell when it is going to hold color). After I let them drip dry a little I put them in like colored zip lock backs and froze them. However, next time I'll put wax paper between them because they kinda froze in lumps.

Don't Freak Out, but I don't like cake pops :( They are just icky to me, but I wanted something on a stick so I rolled regular and strawberry marshmallows in white chocolate and covered them with sprinkles. What a yummy hit! I did it the day before and they stayed fresh and delicious (I did put them in a ziplock back, just to be safe).

Lots of Sprinkles

Before

While getting hard

After

After - aren't they perfect!

I got the idea from this picture on Pinterest

Marshmallow Pops

We also made Lawn Jenga after reading some of the instructions from this site, however we made ours on a smaller scale to avoid killing anyone when it fell over.

Lawn Jenga

I also made these from Mason Jar Rings and streamers. They took two seconds and I made 20, after hanging them up everywhere it really started to look like a party.

Streamer Chandeliers 

I dyed cupcake papers too! 



Dying Cupcake Papers
After totally stealing the idea from Little Wren


We also had a Popcorn Station where we had Cajun Popcorn and Carmel Popcorn. I didn't get a good picture of either (I was partying, not taking pictures), so you'll have to go to Jen's Happy Spot to get the recipe which is the best recipe for Carmel Corn ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment