Sunday, July 8, 2012

Reading Time Chocolate Mug Cake

I was in the mood for something sweet while I relaxed and read on my day off (Sunday is my only day off, so I tried to make the most of it!). 

Luckily My Happy Place had this delicious recipe that I adapted and it was FANTASTIC!!



Chocolate Mug Cake

1 tbsp + 2 tsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp salt (I just put a little in my hand to be honest)
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 - 4 tsp oil (depending on how moist you want it, I used a little over 3 and it was perfect)
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla




Mix dry ingredients and then add the liquids. I did it all in my little ramekin/bowl that I put in the microwave (let's avoid dishes!). Then microwave 40-60 seconds (I was at about 50 when I pulled mine out), or until the top is "springy"


I drizzled mine with chocolate syrup and added some pearl sprinkles for good measure. Frosting, fruit, or whipped cream would also be delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment