Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Graduation Party!

Since I just graduated with my MLIS I needed a bit of a celebration to really kick off life without school. My friend said this party was Librarians Gone Wild, but it as so much fun!!

Lizz's Graduation Party

Step one, I grabbed an old Reader's Digest Condensed Version that would have been thrown away and it started my whole theme. I made the flags for decoration inside and out by cutting triangles and then stapling them together. It was seriously easy, I made a million, and they looked SO cute!

Step Two - I pulled a bunch of pages (didn't even trim the uneven edges) and laid them out on all food surfaces. They made everything look so put together and it only took me a second.

Step Three - Food decorations! I made those little flags out of scrapbooking paper and skewers I had in the drawer. I used colored staples to hold them to the skewer (after wrapping the paper tightly around) and then cut some of the edges while leaving others plain. 

Graduation Party Desserts

Step Four - FOOD! Boy, did we make A LOT of food! All I managed to grab pictures of was the dessert table. But we had meatballs, little weenies, hot bean dip, veggies, make your own chicken salad sandwiches, and spinach dip. 

For dessert we had Chocolate and Mint Cupcakes, Lemonade Cupcakes, "Good Cookies", Rice Crispy Cookies (classic and with Fruity Pebbles), and chocolate dipped marshmallows. In addition there were little mason jars of skittles, peanut mnms, pretzel mnms, and orange slices all over for people to snack on.

To drink we made Lizz's Vintage Punch and coffee punch (both recipes can be found here) as well as LOTS of water bottles that we took the labels off of and wrapped with duck tape (it is the little things that make such a difference)!

Graduation Party Decor

Did you know a fan can help ward off mosquitos? We didn't have any problems with bugs at this party! You can see some of the flags in the background here!
Check out that mason jar on the fence! It is a simple jar, with some blue play sand, and an electronic candle (the whole state of Colorado is on fire, we couldn't have lit candles). It was so easy and looked great for the whole party.

Lawn Jenga

This is Lawn Jenga (and the reason my friend commented about Librarians Gone Wild). SOOO easy to make (find some tips here). Might be safer to play it on the ground next time, because when it falls, it falls HARD!




No comments:

Post a Comment