Saturday, July 21, 2012

Yard Sales!

This morning was sorta a dud when it came to yard sales. There weren't that many, the ones that were there were SO disorganized. I don't like it when thing aren't priced or everything is so squished together that people can't get through to look. Maybe it was just me, but today wasn't a prime yard sale experience. Never-the-less, I still found some fun things.


Here are the spoils

Vintage, Linen Table Cloth with a cute floral pattern   $2.00
Shelf for tiny objects   $2.00
Rusted Cheese Grater   $0.25
Grand Total   $4.25



At first the lady wanted $0.50 for this, although I knew it was for a project and I wouldn't be using it, I was looking at the rusted piece of kitchenware wondering if it was worth it when she came back with $0.25. That was a bargain for me. Sold!

The tablecloth is in near perfect condition and doesn't need any work. I hand washed it when I got home and it came clean and beautiful. Such a great piece for a bargain price.

The little shelf with either stay the way it is or be painted later. I haven't decided yet. My mom has one of these (hers was really an old drawer at some point, mine is merely a replica) and it is so cute. I know I have lots of funky things to put in it, I just have to decide if paint is the way to go or if I want to keep it original.

Stay tuned for what I'm collecting rusty cheese graters for!

No comments:

Post a Comment