Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'm NOT Working Weekends





I had my last weekend at Chili's last week ------------>

I was looking forward to having a life again :) I have worked at the restaurant for eight and a half years and I haven't had consistent weekends off (or evenings, or times to spend with people who aren't free in the middle of the afternoon) in FOREVER. Although it now means I'm poor for awhile, I'm so looking forward to time to be human again.









So, on Friday I got off at 3:00, which left me plenty of time to rest and relax (after what was actually a long week) before meeting my BFF for coffee and sitting in the lovely garden at Coffee Trader. Then it was off to play with BFF's little boy and my "computer" (we play with the apps I'm testing from Happi Pappi on my iPad). Then, off to Target on a mini-shopping trip!






We finished out Friday night with a movie ... One for the Money. I read the book (as my rules state) and it was okay. I'm not so much for those cop/action/mystery novels, but I finished it so it must have been at least tolerable (this was like four or five years ago). The movie was pretty cute. I always enjoy the personality Katherine Higel brings to her movies! In the book I totally wanted her to fall madly in love with Ranger ... but in the movie, not so much. I might work on a comparison later on.



Not our event
I was too distracted to take any pictures




Saturday continued my fun weekend. I slept in and got to help hand out school supplies to those in need. It was an awesome event at my church (Grace Community) and we were able to help out a bunch of families. Saturday afternoon I did some more vegging (after an obligatory trip to Wal-Mart, or as I like to call it, hell-mart) and worked on my family genealogy which is coming along nicely.

I was then able to go have dinner with another friend and her adorable child. Dinner was great, hand-tossed pizza with mozzarella, white sauce, shrimp, grilled garlic ... yumm-o! I finished off the night with a movie with my sis and her Bible Study group. We saw The Bourne Legacy, which was fantastic and I got Cotton Candy :)

I think I've decided that Cotton Candy + Jeremy Renner = perfect movie. But in all seriousness, the movie was good.


Tomorrow I'm looking forward to more veg out time. I am wanting to get a BUNCH of research done on my Family Tree this week and some more organizing with it because I am attending a Genealogy Class and want to look prepared. Glee, hope you've had a good weekend too!








No comments:

Post a Comment