Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Joy and Misery of Moving

Anyone who has moved knows that moving is a terrible thing. No matter how excited I am about the new house, nothing makes up for knowing that moving is simply a LOT of work! 

However, moving does mean buying new things!! It has been a week for shopping :) 


This was the first thing I bought this week (I forgot to take a picture before it went to the storage unit, so excuse the mess). What an adorable chair! I could recover it, and it may come to that later on, but for now it is adorable and I think I'll go in the master bath at the house.
$22 (antique store)


This "painting" was a steal for $1.00 at a garage sale this weekend. It is just a print on cardboard in a plastic frame, but on the wall I don't think you'll ever know the difference :)


I LOVE luncheon dishes! I already have several sets. But this set of 16 was in too perfect of condition to pass up! Plus, I can plan a large lunch for all my friends :)
$10 for set of 16


These were my luxury item this week. I needed dining room chairs and really wanted metal ones to go with my farmhouse table. I found these at an antique store and, although they were far from a steal, they were too adorable and fantastic to pass up. I hope to recover the seats in a sweet stripe and repaint them ... but for now they are perfect just the way they are. 
$55 each, bought the set of 4


My other "luxury" purchase this week was new mattresses. I have had the money set aside for some time now, but I was expecting to move across the state and didn't want to buy some and move them. Instead I waited, although my perfect job popped up here in town and I suppose I could have been sleeping on them all along.
These were a bargain at $899 and I will make payments at 12 months same as cash! Lets me keep my savings in my savings account :)


In the mean time, this is my life. I'm so glad everything is packed up except my bedroom and bathroom. Although that is quite the start on boxes! This is what I've packed today! Hoping to get the rest done by Wednesday!!


My dearest friend (and her adorable son) and the staff at my church both sent me flowers at work this week! There is nothing in the world that makes you feel as special and as loved as flowers (especially getting them at work, where everyone can see how loved you are - this makes me sound like a silly girl, but I don't care)!! They are currently beautifying the kitchen (and they smell fantastic!)

2 comments:

  1. That first chair is just adorable! I don't think I've ever seen one like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't seen one like it before. I was "supposed" to be shopping for dining chairs, but I couldn't pass this one up! I ended up getting dining chairs too ... so it all worked out :)

      Delete