Friday, August 31, 2012

My New House - The Pre-Tour

I got a sneak peek (mostly because my friend currently lives in the house) at the house tonight and got to take some pictures!!! I'm so excited to start moving in. So, here is the sneak peak of what I'll be working with once it is ready for me to move in :)



The living room, from standing in the entry way.


My FIREPLACE!! And those leaded windows are fantastic. The fireplace doesn't work, necessarily, but there were candles in it before and I think that is a great plan!! Plus, how cute it that going to be when I decorate it at Christmas!!


Dining/Kitchen from the entry way through the living room. The carpet isn't pink, more beige.


This is the other side of the dining room - it has a GIANT window! Isn't that sofa cute!! My friend left it for me!!! I'm so excited because it is fantastic :)


The kitchen is HUGE, I'll probably need to learn to cook. Look at those black countertops -- lovely!!


The Master Bedroom. It looks so tiny in this picture, but it is a good size. That dresser is another piece my friend left me, it is pretty nice and I'm thinking of painting it bright pink or a funky turquoise.


This bathroom is MASSIVE!


Other side of the bathroom. 


The hallway has SOO much potential (read wall space) and is SOO long :) That window at the end of the hall actually looks into laundry room - but it is cute and lets lots of light in.


What I'll use as a guest room. 


The guest bathroom ... I'm so painting the wall on the left with chalkboard paint!!


Chandelier that was left behind in the guest bath.


The third bedroom I'll be using as an office/craft space (because of all the natural light). 


The closet and one of the windows in my craft room. 


French doors in the craft room and another piece of furniture!!


This belonged to my friend's aunt (and before that, her grandmother) and it is the cutest thing! It has shelves and drawers on the inside. Perfect for whatever I decide to use it for :)



The kitchen from the hallway.


The Entry Way (and hall closet). I want to paint it hot pink I think ... and there is a window on the wall you don't see.


My Front Door


The house! 

I don't get the keys (officially) until Tuesday ... but I'm already SOOOO excited about it. Glee!!

3 comments:

  1. I can see how excited you are in moving to your new house! Since this is your friend’s house, were you able to get a discount? I hope that by now you already got the keys to this house! Good luck with your renovation project!

    -Armandina Skerl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your excitement, Lizz since I’m experiencing it too! I’ll be moving to my new house this coming Saturday and it really makes me nervous. It’s my first time to own a house and my first time to live with neighbors that I’m not related to. I guess this will be a very challenging homeownership. What do you think? :)

    ~~ Sarah Owens

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a very nice house, Lizz! i’m glad that you loved it, since I believe that you won’t enjoy your stay here if you didn’t. I’ve read your older blog posts and I saw the changes that you made in this house, and I can definitely say that you’ve done a great job with the designs. By the way, can I drop by your house and take a picture on your “Sanrio World” guest bathroom? :)

    -- Oscar Lang

    ReplyDelete